Saturday 24 April 2010

What is this thing called Love?

Poets write about it, thousands of songs, plays, novels, films are made about it, but does it truly exist? So much a part of the human psyche - the moment when "you just know" - when you want to get as close as physically possible, as close as emotionally and intellectually possible, to another person and keep them always. The endless moment of recognition, of forever in a glance. The instant when your feet are lead and your soul soars.

If so many people write about it, sing about it, paint about it, it must be real. But give me leave to doubt.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's overrated. Not love, but the "falling madly in love" thing. And I think writers and singers and filmmakers are in love with the idea of being in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how I just posted something similiar to this a moment ago about the notion of dating.

    I do agree with Kore that love is overrated. I believe relationships based on passion, sex and sparks don't really last. The "like" part or underlying caring and friendship is more important for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm done with believing in it. I think it's just a twist on love.
    Love, to me, is two 80 year old's who have spend the last five decades together and still can't live without each other. Anything less than that is just attraction.
    I never try explaining that to my friends. They all think they're in love- and I only say think because love must be pretty crappy if you can fall out of it as easily as they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well being in love is stupid. . .I hate that feeling. It freaks me out.

    VERY STUPID LOVE

    ReplyDelete